I am out at a workshop on the 10th and at the Dr. on the 11th. Please complete the following! This counts for this nine week grading period.
Continue working on posters that analyze how Dr. King uses
(POSTERS ARE ON TOP OF TABLE)
To appeal to pathos, logos, ethos
Add vocabulary from "I Have a Dream" onto vocabulary page - The Struggle for Freedom on Onenote
VOCABULARY- DEFINTION- SYNONYM- ANTONYM
Students will also answer questions 1-7 on page 53 of HMH Collections- on paper TURN THIS IN AT THE END OF CLASS.
The due date and guidelines for the Final Draft Literary Analysis Essay is on Edmodo. Please check Edmodo for that.
This project is due 10/3- 10/4 depending on which day your class lands on. You will need to follow all instructions and rubric. It cannot be turned in later in the day, so make sure you plan to have it at the start of class. The person will be assigned to you by me.
Citing Online Sources in MLA format
We will be reading a short story named "The Most Dangerous Game" and you must review the following terms and add them and what they are in your notes. You can visit the following website for a reminder of what each of the elements are: elements of fiction. This should be a review for you!
1. Plot- exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution
4. Round Character
5. Flat Character
7. Point of View: first person, second-person, third-person or omniscient, limited om·nis·cient
I will check that you have the notes in class. Period 1, you already did this, so consider yourselves lucky! :)
Final Draft of Vignette must be in the following format:
12 point font
Times New Roman Font
Title "My Name"
A SYMBOL that represents your name- not a picture of you
Rough draft and handout stabled behind final draft
Rubric is as follows:
Symbol- 5 points
Format (follow the guidelines above)- 5 points
Rough Draft- 10 points
Total points- 40 points
Here is the PowerPoint for the Literary Terms that I gave in class today. Please make sure you have notes on this.
Make sure to bring your composition book for your daily bell ringers. Also, bring paper and a spare folder for now until we start using the tablets. :)
Welcome to another year of wondrous literature and awe-inspiring writing. Please complete the following for next class:
1. Review syllabus with your parent or guardian and print out the last page to turn in next class.
2. Complete the lock for your classmate. Make it magical! Use color and really bring out what that person is about! If your finished product looks like you spent 5 minutes on it, then you will make your partner very upset, and you will receive your first F. (EXCEPT PERIODS 2, 3, AND 4)
3. Complete Survey - you must sign in to your Coral Reef Google account to have access to it
4. Sign up for Remind
5. Sign up for Edmodo
See you next class! Be ready to introduce your classmate. :)
***FIRST PERIOD ONLY***- All school materials must be returned to me by 8/25 or sooner.
Materials are due August 28/29 (really it's just a composition book and highlighters by then and any wish list items you wish to donate to your class)
Summer Reading is due August 31/September 1st- No late assignments will be accepted